Wednesday 13 May 2015

The Limits of Languages

Versatility of cell phones today has in-deliberately extended photography into a daily routine, not a hobby nor an activity when we travel any more. For me, whenever I see a sunrise or sunset, despite colors often rich as a paradise, I would completely lose myself in my picture taking, mostly in white and black, capturing the fleeting moment in a most natural simplicity, merely for fear of losing the future interpretation of self analysis in that instant.

When I am not translating from one language to another, but often enough I do, I find languages turn on all the lights while we welcome the limits and un-limits. Our hearts and minds change from moment to moment, just as the clouds shift in the evening sky as the sun goes down. Who are we to set the languages free, and more importantly, to set our minds free? Conversely I like to play with blending completely different ingredients of "conventional" words and pleasantly, most of them form quite properly in the right context. If I can entertain you with some of them - amazingly stubborn, painfully obvious,  disrespectfully admire, and here is another good one credited to a friend of mine: academic jabber.

No comments:

Post a Comment